Sunday, June 12, 2011

Walk, Eat, Repeat.

Today’s morning went a lot like yesterday morning, except I upgraded my breakfast: I got TWO rolls! Around 10:30 we went to Goma, the most famous gelataria, to hear about the history and the making of gelato. We tasted it of course, too; it’s never too early for gelato!

For once, we didn’t have to walk all the way to our next destination. Since we had a tour scheduled at an olive press, we took a bus to the general vicinity before having to hike uphill a gravel path for 20 minutes. Although my feet were killing me and I would have much rather been in air conditioning at the moment, it was worth it. “It” being everything. The view along the path was to die for and the olive oil we got to taste after the tour of the grove was spectacular.

After a long day, we moved into our new hotel: 2 star this time...upgrade! We spent time uploading and editing our top ten pictures from the past two days. Then we chose our best 3, and the National Geographic leaders, Carolyn, David, and Massimo, critiqued them. To me, it seemed kind of intimidating, but in the end it wasn’t that bad. In fact, it was quite helpful.

After dinner, which ended at 10:30, we didn’t have much time to blog considering lights out was supposed to be at 11:00 (oops…). We all had about 30 minutes to shower. Since there was practically no water pressure at all, I made it fast. Oh, and also the fact that I was sharing the shower with a TOILET made the process a tad difficult, and therefore I wanted it to be as short as possible. 2 minutes. I think that’s a new record for me!

I am sure you have caught on to a pattern: I talk about food and eating a lot, and how much we walk (which is also a lot), but I rarely seem to talk about the photography. Like I said, I have learned a whole lot in just these past 2 days. I must apologize that I only have 1 photo, but that is because pictures take much longer to upload, and considering that it is almost midnight and we have to be up at 5am to go to Rome, sleep is my first priority. Check in this time tomorrow and hopefully pictures will be present.

No comments:

Post a Comment