Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Opa!

Today was another travel day. As you may know, I attempted to pull an all nighter last night. Key word: attempted. After trying to post pictures for hours (which you see I only had patience for 1), I finally gave up and went to my room. My roommates had already passed out, so I tried to be as quiet as I could. I shined the light of my phone onto my bed to see that there was someone in it. Erin. Apparently, Erin's roommates locked her out of their room, so she found it necessary to come to my room and sleep in my bed. Being the good friend I am, I let her sleep in the bed with me. Mind you, it was a twin bed in a hotel with NO air conditioning. Thankfully, we were waking up at 4:15 the following morning, so we only slept for about an hour. When 4:15 came, Erin went back to her room to see that her room key was in the door, meaning that we shared a twin for nothing. Mr. Kreindler, at this point I wanted to hurt your daughter, but I thought you'd want her back in one piece. You're welcome.

Once we loaded up the bus, we were on our way to the Rome airport. Apparently the bus driver didn't know how to drive (like all the other Italians), but I slept through the whole thing...it didn't bother me! Our flight from Rome to Athens was only about 2 hours, so Ellie and I (and David, but he will probably deny it) watched The Lizzie McGuire Movie, which made the time fly by! Punny, huh?! A bus was waiting for us when we arrived in Athens and took us to Delphi which was about a 3 hour drive. Once again, I was out the second I put my headphones on.

When we arrived at our hotel, the first thing we noticed was the sign on the door: air conditioning! Right away we knew this would be our favorite hotel so far. After settling in, we headed out to dinner. A REAL SIT-DOWN DINNER!! It was great! They served meat! Something other than just carbs. I have to say, I'm loving Greece already...

No comments:

Post a Comment