Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Home at last!

I went back to reread my blog, and I found that I never posted like I said I would. To make up for it, I am blogging now.

Wednesday night in Greece, Madeline and I attempted to pull an all nighter since we were having to leave our hotel at 2:30am. Crazy, right? So Maddie and I got in bed and began to watch Burlesque, and as you may have guessed, we both fell asleep. Luckily, we had set an alarm in fear that that would happen. Surprisingly, it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be to wake up at that hour.

We loaded the bus which was about a 3 hour drive to Athens. Of course I slept the whole way. In the Athens airport I had a very nutritious breakfast: Oreos! I'm sure Troy was jealous! Our flight from Athens to Paris was about 3 hours. Once again, I slept the entire way.

When we landed in Paris, we SPRINTED to our gate in fear of missing our flight. It turned out that our flight was delayed, so we actually had time to spare (and shop!). While waiting at our gate, we saw Hakeem Olajuwon and asked him to take a picture with us!

He was on our flight home, but he was in first class, so he was nowhere near us. The flight from Paris to Houston was 9 hours and 40 minutes. For the first 2 hours I watched Love and Other Drugs. Half way into it, I took a Tylenol PM, and I was out in about 20 minutes. When I finally woke up, we had about 3 hours left. For the remaining time I ate and watched another movie.

By the time we landed in Houston, it was about 2:00 PM. My mom was waiting for me right outside of customs. Straight from the airport she took me to an art gallery... fun....

I tried so hard to stay up that night. At about 7 we went out for Mexican food. We saw the Kreindlers (Erin's family) there, and we decided to sit with them since I hadn't had enough of her!! And because I wanted to spend time with my second dad, Mr. K! Erin and I were both falling asleep at the table, and I crashed the minute I got home.

The next day, I was up early (8:00) to say goodbye to my dad and Troy who were heading off to Manhattan Beach. I spent the rest of the day hanging out with my friends. It was nice to be home! My friends wanted me to go out with them, so I did. I was so jet-lagged that I was the first to fall asleep (which usually never happens!).

The past few days have been boring, especially compared to my life in Italy and Greece!

No comments:

Post a Comment